What business telephone system options are there?
In order to choose the right business telephone system for your company, you first need to understand the options available and how each can benefit your business. The most common types of business telephone system are:
- Traditional landlines
- Hosted and in-house voIP telephone systems
Traditional landlines operate using copper wiring and are analogue systems. This means that they do not require an internet connection to operate effectively.
- Traditional landlines have been used for many years and are a reliable telephone system
- Many business owners and staff are more familiar with a traditional landline system, making it a comfortable solution.
- The copper wiring used to transfer the call for traditional landlines is usually run under the ground, which means call quality is often not unaffected by adverse weather.
- Traditional landlines are slowly becoming outdated compared with up and coming business telephone systems, which means that options and upgrades are less common.
- They can be quite basic when compared with more recent business telephone systems.
- They can be more expensive to install and maintain than VoIP telephone systems.
voIP telephone systems
Rather than a copper wire, VoIP telephone systems use your company’s internet connection in order to make and receive calls. VoIP phone systems include variations such as SIP Trunking.
- voIP telephone systems are much cheaper than traditional landlines.
- voIP telephone systems offer more features and services than traditional landlines, including call conferencing, automated voicemail boxing and much more.
- voIP business telephone systems are incredibly quick and easy to install
- voIP business telephone systems require an internet connection and good broadband speeds in order to work effectively.
On-premises VoIP telephone systems
- You are in total control of your own telephone service.
- You need staff members who can maintain the system and it is not practical for companies with multiple offices.
Hosted voIP telephone systems:
- You don’t need to worry about having a team to handle maintenance or upgrades, your service provider will handle these for you and will take care of any repairs. An excellent choice for businesses with multiple offices who want access to all the same features.
- If your phone system goes down then you will need to rely on you service provider to assist you.
However, with our excellent service, you are guaranteed a response visit from one of our expert engineers within 4 hours of your issue being reported, so you’re never disconnected for long. We also offer a FREE super-fast internet connection as part of our voIP installation package, so you can make full use of the system.
If you are still struggling to decide which business telephone system is right for you, our team can help! We supply a range of telephone systems to match all business needs and requirements in the South. Contact us today on 01202 514444.